Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The thing that makes the most sense that i have read all week

"Here you go, Sebastian," I say, when I've filled out the
guest pass and handed it to him. "Knock yourself out".
Sebastian looks down at the pass. "Wow," he says. For a
minute, he looks a lot less like a suspected killer and the
leader of a student revolution than just a scared kid who
got into something that's way over his head. "Thanks a lot,
Heather, You have no idea how much this means to me. I
mean, I know Sarah told you about my roommate situation,
and my parents got me a hotel room, but... Its nice for me
to be able to stay with Sarah. She... she means a lot. I just
didn't realise how much until recently."
Embarrassed, Sarah looks down at the pointed toes of her
high heels, blushing prettily seemingly unaware of
Sebastian's gaze on her. I am torn between wanting to hurl
and wanting to throw my arms around them. They're just
so... cute.
And I realise I'm feeling something else, a third thing. Envy.
I want that. What they have.
I thought I had it. Sort of. But fortunately, I realised in
time that I didn't. Not that I was in any real danger of doing
anything foolish about it, like getting married, or hiking the
Appalachian Trial for the summer.
Still. I'd like what the two of them have. Someday.

~ Size Doesn't Matter by Meg Cabot




No comments:

Post a Comment