Person B: I can't talk to you because its still teetering on not quite being ok yet and I don't feel comfortable telling you my issues because we'll end up back where we started
Person C: I can't talk to you because you don't actually listen. You ask something and then walk off. You send a message and then log off. You text and don't reply. So I don't know what I'm meant to do.
Person D: I can't talk to you because I feel like you have too much else going on and my problems seem trivial compared to yours
Person E: I can't talk to you because by the time i've found the words, you've stopped listening
Person F: I can't talk you you because you've changed lately. You make me feel like a little kid who should be "seen and not heard". It sucks
Person G: I can't talk to you because you seem to have gone into "pretending i don't exist" mode. I can't even ask how your course is
Person H: I can't talk to you because now you've got what you want from me, you're obviously too cool to acknowledge my existence.
Who does that leave me to talk to? No one that knows enough about me for me to feel confident enough to tell them whats going on in my head. No one who wouldn't laugh. No one who it wouldn't feel awkward telling these things.
I know the future is right around the corner and our friends will not be the same ones we made in the last 5 years, but It shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't have to hold everything in to protect everyone else
No comments:
Post a Comment