Answer: Let Me clarify your thinking on this.
Never offer the kind of help that disempowers. Never insist on offering the help you think is needed. Let the person or people in need know all that you have to give- then listen to what they want; see what they are ready to receive.
Offer the help that is wanted. Often, the person or people will say, or exhibit by their behaviour, that they just want to be left alone. Despite what you think, leaving them alone might be the Highest Gift you can then offer.
If, at a later time, something else is wanted or desired, you will be caused to notice if it is yours to give. If it is, then give it.
I wanted to share this with you, but I'm nervous about starting that conversation after the events of the past week. I wanted to say, that once again, after so long, I have found myself thinking that maybe God does care. That's a bit hard to come to terms with on my own
No comments:
Post a Comment